Options   View topic - Sinusitis Bad Breath

Board index  >  All About Sinuses  >  Sinus sugery

Post a reply
Sinusitis Bad Breath

Sinusitis Bad Breath
by hunk1961 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:26 pm

Sinusitis Bad Breath - Bad Breath - Does Sinus Have Anything to Do With Bad Breath?

Many individuals tend to think that sinuses have nothing to do with bad breath but they are wrong. There is a link between sinuses and bad odors which usually come from the back of the throat and tongue areas. In fact, there are two main conditions that end up causing bad breath from the back of the throat. They are sinusitis and tonsillitis, each affecting our breath in a similar way.

Sinusitis and Bad Breath

Sinusitis does not cause bad breath directly. Foul smell will only follow after chronically inflamed sinuses produce large amounts of mucus. It can be varied in thickness and usually drips down on the back of the throat, thus covering both the back areas of the tongue and throat. We have included some fresh and interesting information on Nasal Irrigation. In this way, you are updated on the developments of Nasal Irrigation. :)

Sinus Infections and Bad Breath

Sinus infections cause the sinuses to create thick and infected mucus. They actually have a very bad odor even before anaerobic bacteria steps in to make it worse. Bad breath coming from sinus infections is a lot worse when compared with regular bad breath that appears from waste products created by bacteria, simply because we are dealing with two bad odor causing agents instead of one. We cannot be blamed if you find any other article resembling the matter we have written here about Sinus Infections. What we have done here is our copyright material!

Closing Thoughts

When dealing with sinusitis or tonsillitis, it is very important that you respect the advice from your doctor and keep to the prescription. Post nasal drip and the bad breath it causes are only minor problems when compared to the infection that is inside your body. When you are able to determine the underlying cause of your bad breath condition and keep it under control, the condition of your breath will automatically improve. It may take some time to comprehend the matter on Sinusitis that we have listed here. However, it is only through it's complete comprehension would you get the right picture of Sinusitis.

There are different possible symptoms to take into account when diagnosing post nasal drips. The most common ones are the need to constantly swallow and/or spit, congestions in the sinus and nasal passages, tickling sensation in the throat, crystals found in the tonsils (they are in most cases white or yellow), chronic sore throat, coughing, nausea (caused by mucus accumulating in the stomach) and vomiting (caused by the same reason as nausea). Bad breath is also a very common symptom of post nasal drip. We are proud to say we have dominance in the say of Sinus Infections. This is because we have read vastly and extensively on Sinus Infections. :evil:

Such a condition is known as post nasal drip and it is the direct cause of bad breath. This happens because mucus is made out of interlinked layers of protein and anaerobic bacteria in the airway feed on them. The existence of such large amounts of food for them means that they can multiply easily and create waste products that have really bad odors. The development of Sinus has been explained in detail in this article on Sinus. Read it to find something interesting and surprising! :roll:

Removing Bad Breath Caused by Post Nasal Drip

In order to remove bad breath linked with post nasal drip we need to remove the cause of the mucus accumulation. If you are affected by post nasal drip you will need to get special help from your family doctor or an otolaryngologist. To help with your treatment, it is important that you drink plenty of liquids, especially water, as it can help a lot. We have avoided adding flimsy points on Throat Sinusitis, as we find that the addition of such points have no effect on Throat Sinusitis.

What is Post Nasal Drip?

Scientifically speaking, post nasal drip happens when excessive mucus appears because of the sinuses. It can accumulate in the throat or at the back of your nose and can be caused by sinusitis (as already mentioned), rhinitis or laryngopharyngeal acid reflux. Allergies can also trigger it or make it worse, no matter the season of the year when it appears. Producing such an interesting anecdote on Sinusitis Bad Breath took a lot of time and hard work. So it would be enhancing to us to learn that you have made good use of this hard work!

• Those people who have not got much relieved from regular medications want to learn all about natural cure of sinus infection.
  • If you are one of the chronic sufferers of sinusitis then you must also be looking for some natural cure for sinus.
  • Well then let me help you out.
  • Here I would discuss some very simple but effective methods to cure your sinus infections.
  • At first instance you may find it hard to believe it but they will follow logical and medical reasons too for using such natural medications.

One of the common symptoms of sinus is nasal blockage and pain in the facial region. In such case your natural cure of sinus infection would be vapor inhalation. This would help to thicken the mucus and also decongestion of nostrils and sinus cavities. The hot vapors also help to kill the agents of infections in sinus. You have a soothing effect. Repeat the treatment two times a day, in the morning and at night for one month to completely heal the infection.

Another natural cure of sinus infection treatment nasal toilet or nasal irrigation. For the treatment you need sea salt and lukewarm water. Mix both the ingredients and pour this mixture into on nostril and wait until it comes out from the other one. The treatment immediately favors for opening sinusitis blockage and at once relief.

Gentleman named Jason contacted me and said he recently had sinus laser surgery from Dr. Harvey Paley, whose practice is in Beverly Hills, CA. He said flatly that this operation 'changed my life'. This gentleman has had 3 other conventional surgeries in the past 15 years during which time he had lost his sense of smell and sense of taste. Hearing about such a success after a sinus operation is rare in my experience. I personally have had two of them, and they basically didn't work, since I continued to have sinus infections after both of them. In fact, I've heard of very few people who have had sinus surgery and who were pleased about the results over time. :lol:

Asked this question to a gentleman from the company that produces the Sinu-Clear laser equipment, a company called PhotoMedex. He said there are many reasons for so few surgeons using the procedure, and most seem to boil down to the reluctance of people, in this case sinus surgeons, to change. In fact PhotoMedex is emphasizing different product lines of medical laser equipment, and the gentleman I spoke with was not optimistic about growth aspects for this procedure. To me this is certainly a shame. I personally have only spoken to one person, Jason, who has undergone the procedure, but he is extremely enthusiastic. I hope to speak to others and get more inputs. I can only say that when someone who has had 3 other operations tries sinus laser surgery and says he has finally regained his sense of smell again after 15 years, then this is worth taking note of, at the very least. The title of this composition could be rightly be Sinusitis. This is because what is mentioned here is mostly about Sinusitis. :oops:

This Type of Approach Seems to Make Perfect Sense

That is, using laser and endoscope technology to limit bleeding and see clearly what is being operated on. The first question I had is 'why are there only a small handful of surgeons in the U.S. doing this operation?' It is not brand new, and in fact this laser sinus surgery was apparently pioneered by Dr. Daniel M. Schuman from Boca Raton, Florida over 10 years ago. Apparently Dr. Schuman has subsequently retired from his medical practice. We hope you develop a better understanding of Chronic Sinus on completion of this article on Chronic Sinus. Only if the article is understood is it's benefit reached.

So when someone is as enthusiastic about his operation as Jason is, it is time to listen, especially considering his background of sinus problems. The operational procedure is called Sinu-Clear, and it uses a laser as well as an endoscope. The laser equipment also provides a steady stream of salt water to flow through the nasal passageways while the operation is taking place. There is apparently very little bleeding during the procedure, since the laser cauterizes the tissue being operated on. Because of this there is no need for nasal packing, and this is a huge positive, as those of us who have gone through a conventional operation with a scalpel and had our noses packed can attest. For me it was just awful. The endoscope allows for good viewing by the surgeon, as the camera projects a picture of the nasal cavities being worked on onto a television screen. Once you are through reading what is written here on Sinusitis, have you considered recollecting what has been written and writing them down? This way, you are bound to have a better understanding on Sinusitis.

Addition to Dr

Paley in Beverly Hills, CA, I found out about two other otolaryngologists who perform the Sinu-Clear sinus laser operation. One is Dr. Vincent Pisciotta in Biloxi, Mississippi, and the other is Dr. Robert Bonham in Dallas, Texas. Dr. Bonham also performs another new operation called Sinuplasty, which is similar to angioplasty but for the sinus cavities. I understand there may be a few other surgeons in the country who routinely perform the Sinu-Clear operation, and I intend to continue to research this and get the word out. Results will be posted on the blog and forum at ***** I only wish I had heard about this sinus laser surgery procedure years ago. It sounds like it might have been more effective and certainly less painful than the operations I did have. If you are considering being one of the 300,000 people who have sinus operations in the U.S. alone, this procedure is certainly something to know about and consider as an option, even if it were to require travel. Saying that all that is written here is all there is on Chronic Sinus would be an understatement. Very much more has to be learnt and propagated bout Chronic Sinus.

Thousands of people suffer from acute or chronic sinus infection symptoms every day and don't know they can do something to relieve their symptoms naturally. The old sinus infection treatment approach of antibiotics is seldom used anymore and likely shouldn't be.

Warm up a cup of water and add half of a measuring teaspoon of salt. Gargle gently a few times, then over the next hour or two see if your throat feels any better. It's surprising how simple this is and yet it works most of the time for throats irritated by sinus drainage.

You want to moisten the sinuses not dry them out. There are some good natural sinus home remedies that work a lot better than the old sinus medicines and can actually cure you and even help stop sinus infections in the future.

One of the first signs or symptoms of a sinus infection is an irritated throat. You may think you're getting a sore throat. There is one easy way to tell if it's a sinus infection, sinusitis or some other sinus problem. The facts on Sinus Problem mentioned here have a consequential impact on your understanding on Sinus Problem. This is because these facts are the basic and important points about Sinus Problem. :evil:

Most sinus infections are actually fungal infections so antibiotics will do nothing to help them. Home treatments of sinus infections for sinus relief are much better. The first impression is the best impression. We have written this article on Sinus Infection Signs in such a way that the first impression you get will definitely make you want to read more about it!

This is Kind of a Backward Approach

Treating the symptoms first to see if it's a sinus infection. Another symptom you may have is a sinus headache. Often people will get a sinus headache before they realize they have a sinus infection. The headache can often be confused with a migraine. One should attempt to stop this headache as soon as possible to avoid it getting a grip on you.

Another symptom of sinusitis is pain or pressure around the eyes or forehead. If you bend over it will hurt or throb. A sure sign of a sinus infection will be a yellowish nasal discharge. It can also be greenish but if it's yellow you can pretty well bet that it's a sinus infection. This mucous will drain down your throat and irritate it and you may not be aware of it. It can cause an uncomfortable feeling in your stomach. We have included the history of Sinusitis here so that you will learn more about its history. It is only through it's history can you learn more about Sinusitis. :evil:

Lot of fluid moves through the sinus cavities every day. When sinus blockage happens, the natural mucous hardens and fluid will drain down into the throat. Antihistamines will dry out and harden the mucous so they're generally not a good idea, but check with your doctor if you take them for another reason.

Acute sinusitis is characterized by a sudden onset of symptoms that respond well to antibiotics and decongestants. On the other hand, chronic sinusitis is characterized by at least four recurrences of sinusitis that lasts 12 weeks or longer. Symptoms of sinusitis can include localized pain or tenderness of the sinuses, headaches, pain in the upper jaw, facial swelling nasal congestion and occasionally a fever. We have included some fresh and interesting information on Allergies Sinuses. In this way, you are updated on the developments of Allergies Sinuses.

Did you know Acute sinusitis can last 2-8 weeks, Sub-acute-lasting from 1-3 months long and Chronic - which are those infections that have lasted longer than 3 months. Can your body system afford to survive that long? Discover how you, friends and family members can stay healthy and free from sinus problems, sinus infections and constantly running noses or stuffed noses, no longer suffer today. Find out this natural treatment and get rid of your sinus problems forever. Please visit the link below! We cannot be blamed if you find any other article resembling the matter we have written here about Sinus Problems. What we have done here is our copyright material!

Great choice on how to cure a sinus infection is by using natural remedies. It is an alternative medication to avoid some of the side effects that prescription treatments tend to offer. Such different herbal and natural remedies are available to choose from. Below are a few to consider:

Jalapeno pepper, ripe grapes juice is good to lessen the headache. These are effective way on how to cure a sinus infection naturally for a sinus headache patient. When congestion is present, no matter what the cause, the body produces mucus and phlegm to protect sensitive mucus membranes. This recipe contains herbs that will break up the congestion and pull it from the lungs and sinus cavity.

Sinusitis is a Very General Condition

Sinus relief is something that many people who suffer from allergies, colds and sinus headaches are always searching for. There are several ways on how to cure a sinus infection naturally and free from any side effects. You should always approach your treatment with positive mental attitude and strong confidence when you have decided which type of treatment you expect to avail to avoid your problem. It was our decision to write so much on Allergies Sinuses after finding out that there is still so much to learn on Allergies Sinuses.

Garlic and Onion

Consuming these pungent natural foods such as garlic and onion regularly, one will find it as one of the most effective remedies for sinus problems because they have functions to increase the immunity system. It may take some time to comprehend the matter on Sinusitis that we have listed here. However, it is only through it's complete comprehension would you get the right picture of Sinusitis.