Options   View topic - Sinus Arrest. What is Sick Sinus Syndrome?. Get to Know

Board index  >  All About Sinuses  >  Sinus sugery

Post a reply
Sinus Arrest. What is Sick Sinus Syndrome?. Get to Know

Sinus Arrest. What is Sick Sinus Syndrome?. Get to Know
by big-dan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:31 pm

Sinus Arrest - What is Sick Sinus Syndrome? - Get to Know Sick Sinus Syndrome

You must be wondering what is sick sinus syndrome. It is the sinus node malfunctioning, ultimately slowing down your heat beat (bradycardia) or in other words the pacemaker does not perform its work properly. The pumping becomes meager thereby weakening the circulation. The sinusitis node is otherwise called the natural pacemaker. It results in irregular heart beats termed as arrhythmias.

Syncope, pre-syncope, palpitations and dizziness is commonly associated with this syndrome. Even stokes are common called "Adams attacks". You could experience chest pains as the blood supply is reduced. The patient gets exhausted soon because of low energy level due to shortness of breath. Headaches are usually associated due to shortage of blood flow to the head. There are numerous signs like sinus arrest, irregular patterns of bradycardia and tachycardia and senatorial blocks. It is at times very difficult to pin point the problem due to indefinable findings and vague indicator on electrocardiogram or Holter monitor. Keeping to the point is very important when writing. So we have to stuck to Sinus Relief, and have not wandered much from it to enhance understanding.

What is Sick Sinus Syndrome Warning Sign?

The warning sign could be anywhere between dizziness, unconsciousness, confusion and heart malfunctioning due to problem with the sinus node. If you are scared that you have got one, you should know what sick sinus syndrome is. It makes your heart beat faster or slower than the regular beat. At times there is an uncommon gap between the two beats. Even medicines could start one this syndrome. It is usually associated with old age. Old people are more prone to the disease than young ones. It is always better to use simple English when writing descriptive articles, like this one on Sinusitis. It is the layman who may read such articles, and if he can't understand it, what is the point of writing it?

So, what is Sick Sinus Syndrome treatment? It could be diagnosed by electrocardiogram (ECG). It can be treated by a drug called calcium antagonists. A person affected by this syndrome can go for pacemaker therapy. A permanent pacemaker placement is also recommended in this case. The foundation of the treatment is atrial or dual-chamber pacemaker replacement, which gives you relief from heart attacks, thromboembolic events and mortality in contrast with ventricular pacemakers.

Sinusitis is one of the common conditions people encounter today, this generally refers to an inflammation within the nasal cavities within the nose as a result to an allergic reaction, viral or bacterial infection, irritants and other chemicals.

What Causes Sinusitis

Sinusitis is caused primarily by the over-secretion of mucus in the nasal linings of the nose thus producing swelling of tissues within the nose due to cold, allergies, irritants, snorted drugs, smoking and pollution which damages the small hair-like structures inside the nose and prevents it from assisting in the drainage of mucous. Some people are just more prone to certain allergies because of the decrease in their resistance against diseases. Isn't it amazing how much information can be transferred through a single page? So much stands to gain, and to lose about Sinus through a single page. :evil:

Sinus Infection Complications

Recurring sinus infection is established and leads to Chronic Sinusitis there is a tendency for this to be a recurring illness that is why at the first sign of a chronic infection, a prolonged treatment is needed. Although this infection do not frequently lead to more serious complication, it is still advised to keep in mind that if left untreated it is possible for this illness to spread to the bones and into the brain thus resulting to a life threatening disease.

Treatment for Sinus Infection

If the infection is caused by a virus, there is no need for any antibiotics but supportive treatment is given to the patient to manage the constant headache and pressure to relieve the pain and decongest the stuffed nose. But if the sinusitis is due to a bacterial infection then there is a need for the patient to undergo an antibiotic therapy. As the information we produce in our writing on Sinus Infection may be utilized by the reader for informative purposes, it is very important that the information we provide be true. We have indeed maintained this.

Sinusitis Symptoms

Sinus infection is often characterized by a blockage of one or both of the nasal sinus accompanied with a mild to severe headache and a slight pressure around the eyes and head. The patient may have constant sneezing and may feel a slight difficulty in breathing due to the blocked nasal passage, which also affects the quality of the voice. :roll:

Sinusitis Treatment can be a Tricky Business

Symptoms are too common, making it difficult to detect sinusitis immediately and to start tackling your condition. But whatever the root of your symptoms, there are certain ways to get rid of your symptoms, as well as the wholeness of your sickness.

For whatever sinusitis treatment you opt to pursue, you need to remember that there are a lot of ways to get to a cure. If you see that whatever you are doing is not improving your condition, find out more on what else you can do. Research about your condition, the available treatment options, and talk to your doctor to get a medical professional's point of view on these matters.

Other Considerations for Taking Antibiotics:

- You have to discuss your sinusitis with your doctor so that you can be prescribed with the right type of treatment program. Your history with antibiotics also has a role on whether your sinusitis can be treated with previously taken medication or not.

Several options are available for taking antibiotics. o You can choose to take this medicine orally, since this is the easiest way to incorporate a medicated treatment program in a person's lifestyle. o Yet another simple and convenient way of taking antibiotics is by using nebulizers or aerosolizing devices, where you inhale a mist of the medication through the nose or mouth. This is a topical solution that gets to the source of sinusitis in as little a time as five minutes. o Another option to get antibiotics into your system is by injecting the medicine into your veins. This is the fastest way to a cure. Having been given the assignment of writing an interesting presentation on Sinus, this is what we came up with. Just hope you find it interesting too!

Sinusitis treatment may include antibiotics if: - your sinusitis is caused by bacteria and other related infectious organisms such as fungi and parasites. - you need a strong kind of medication to fight off severe symptoms such as chronic headache, facial pain and swelling. But again, this is only applicable if your sinusitis is brought on by a bacterial (as well as some types of fungal or parasitic) infection. It is not necessary that only the learned can write about Sinusitis. As long as one ahs a flair for writing, and an interest for gaining information on Sinusitis, anyone can write about it. :lol:

You are Allergic to Antibiotics

But if you have tried only a specific type of antibiotic before and you had an allergic reaction, do not assume that you are allergic to all antibiotics. Monitor your usage of the drug and discuss this with your doctor. If your doctor still recommends antibiotics for your sinusitis treatment, you may be given a different type of antibiotic. :lol:

When prescribed with antibiotics, you have to follow your doctor's exact instructions for taking the medication. The full dosage should be administered within the time frame suggested by the doctor in order to get the complete effect of the antibiotics treatment. Failure to administer antibiotics correctly can result to non-treatment of sinusitis, or even a worsening of your condition. We have taken the privilege of proclaiming this article to be a very informative and interesting article on Sinusitis. We now give you the liberty to proclaim it too.

Antibiotics can play a big part in sinusitis treatment. But it can also be detrimental to your condition. You need to be aware of how antibiotics should be considered for your sinusitis before jumping to the conclusion that these drugs are for you. We take pride in saying that this article on Sinus is like a jewel of our articles. This article has been accepted by the general public as a most informative article on Sinus. ;)

Re: Sinus Arrest. What is Sick Sinus Syndrome?. Get to Know
by big-dan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Allergic Sinusitis - You can Avoid Sinusitis!

Imagine yourself not being able to appreciate the beauty of a new day'and being cranky enough not to get on well with your workmates' good-natured conversations'or not being able to join a special friend in a date --- All because of sinusitis! :lol:

There are different degrees of sinusitis, with different causes ' ent sinusitis guidelines caused by viral or bacterial infections of the nose, throat, and upper respiratory tract, or from an underlying dental infection. Chronic sinusitis may be caused by growth inside the nose, injuries to nasal bones, smoking and other irritating fumes and smells. Meanwhile, allergic sinusitis can be caused by hay fever, food allergies or poor eating habits. :shock:

For overall immune function Echinacea, goldenseal, germanium and garlic can be helpful, Check out some health food stores that sell these pre-made herbal sinus preparations. :oops:

(how to use a *neti pot*) as a sinus infection remedy *neti pot sinus infection*

* To get the All Stuffy Neti Pot Supercharger!!! For more cool info check out the following: Neti Pots for Sinus Problems - WebMD: Do ...

Botanical medicines for sinus problems may also be taken like bromelain (250-500mg between meals). Effective herbs to clear sinuses include: comfrey/fenugreek compresses; fenugreek/thyme tea; ephedra tea as bronchodilator; lobelia extract, and horseradish. You may also try purple coneflower, elder flowers and poke root. There is sure to be a grin on your face once you get to read this article on Sinuses. This is because you are sure to realize that all this matter is so obvious, you wonder how come you never got to know about it!

Natural Nutritional Approaches are Also Entailed

It's about time to drink plenty of liquids, especially water. A glass of lemon juice and water first thing in the morning may also help thin mucus. The more readers we get to this writing on Sinus Problems, the more encouragement we get to produce similar, interesting articles for you to read. So read on and pass it to your friends.

There are other enjoyable ways on for clearing sinus problems, like taking a hot sauna for 20 minutes a day. Hot liquids and steaming face and head with eucalyptus may relieve congestion and sinus pressure. Go ahead and read this article on Sinusitis. We would also appreciate it if you could give us an analysis on it for us to make any needed changes to it.

But, it may only take proper understanding of what sinusitis discomfort it is caused to chart up the right nourishment and other healthy exercises for you to end your misery.

Try Linda Rector Page's 3-Day Mucus Cleansing Liquid Diet in Healthy Living

A short water fast or a very light diet ' involving fruit and vegetable broth may also apply to you, as per recommendation of Burton Golberg Group in Alternative Medicine. Reading is a habit that has to be cultivated from a small age. Only if one has the habit of reading can one acquire more knowledge on things like Sinusitis.

After two painful sinus operations, I was still coming down with infections. I had to find some real remedy to my sinusitis problem, as I was tired of taking antibiotics and especially tired of the dull, deep headaches every time I had an attack.

Other Medications

For many people the nasal irrigation system will be enough to control your sinus problems. Those of us with particularly significant sinusitis may need to supplement this with medications, and I use Flonase before going to bed each night as well. If I feel like I'm on the verge of a sinus infection I might take some zyrtec (an antihistimine) or if an infection seems imminent, I have my silver bullet, which is prednisone. I don't use much of the latter, however, as there can be side affects with this steroid. My doctor usually prescribes 10 pills of 20 mg each, and these last for about a year. I never take a whole pill and usually take 5 mg or 10 mg maximum at a time for a day or two. I'm told this is a reasonable amount and nothing to worry about. Speaking of bad side effects, prior to discovering Dr. Grossan's system, sometimes desperate for relief, I used an over-the-counter spray called afrin. The warnings on the label say to use this product for only 4 days or less. This medication can damage the cilia in one's sinuses and cause permanent damage if used too much. As frequent users know, there is also an emmanuel college rebound congestion, so after using it you might end up just as congested as when you started. Thus, people are tempted to continue using it, and it is said to become addictive. Dr. Grossan simply recommends that you throw your afrin into the garbage and stay away from it. I have not used it for years now and am glad to be rid of it.

Dr. Murray Grossan to the Rescue I thus started doing more research on other books and approaches, and in the course of this I came across a book by Dr. Murray Grossan called "The Sinus Cure- 7 Simple Steps". In a nutshell, Dr. Grossan's system worked. His book contains many technical explanations about sinusitis and how to deal with it. He clearly explains the reasons for the problem and suggests numerous remedies including diet considerations, home environmental improvements like duct cleaning and humidity control, and the most important aspect of the program: pulsating nasal irrigation with a saline solution.

Haven'treating sinusitis and nose infections entirely, and I might come down with perhaps one per year. I'm more susceptible when very tired, or after long flights, as we often go back and forth to Europe for our tour business. When flying anywhere I make sure to take some kind of decongestant, normally the Flonase. I can enjoy wine, cheese, chocolate, and I really don't need to avoid any particular foods. Dr. Grossan's system has worked for me, and I certainly don't miss the deep, painful sinus infection headaches that used to be all too familiar. Dr. Grossan has lots of other advice in his book as well, and I definitely recommend that anyone with sinusitis read it. :o.

This is the Easiest Way to Start, as You Have Everything Needed

If the system works well and you want to continue to do nasal irrigation on a daily basis, I would suggest purchase of a pack of one dozen saline solution boxes, as the price is lower per box and there is only one shipping charge to pay. Of course one could still purchase a WaterPik at a retail store and buy the Dr. Grossan's adaptor and saline solution to work with it. For information about how to purchase these items, and also how to download a free ebook written by Dr. Grossan, follow the links at the end of this article. There is sure to be a grin on your face once you get to read this article on Sinus Infection. This is because you are sure to realize that all this matter is so obvious, you wonder how come you never got to know about it! :)

Best of Luck to All Sinusitis Sufferers

I hope this information will help improve your lives as much as it has helped me. Please don't hesitate to forward this article to friends and family who suffer from sinusitis. Go ahead and read this article on Sinus. We would also appreciate it if you could give us an analysis on it for us to make any needed changes to it.